Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Is it possible to have direct talks with Iran through a medium such as Campaigns? Is there anyone watching these pages from the Middle East, or knows someone who is online and willing/able to respond? Our governments are raging over our heads through the media and official channels. I think we should try a grassroots effort, and actually reach out to the people of Iran, Syria and everywhere else. Anyone want to join the conversation?
Chadlupkes 19:46, 31 January 2007 (UTC), Seattle, Washington, USA
- Possible. I do think there is either a law or a clause in the US Constitution that prohibits that. I'll look it up. Would they actually listen? Goshzilla 23:17, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
- Only the President's power to make Treaties. And the current FISA debacle.
- I know the labor unions in Iraq came over here for direct talks with our union leaders. Grassroots to Grassroots over the Internet is really nothing that anyone can do anything about. And it wouldn't be to government ministers in foreign countries, it would be to our fellow world citizens on the streets. We have started Campaigns in Arabic, but it's not getting a lot of attention yet. I'd love to be able to learn the language, but don't have the resources to do that. I know the Academics in Tehran and around the globe are willing to talk to each other. Why not grassroots to grassroots? Chadlupkes 23:41, 31 January 2007 (UTC)
This is a great idea. I think involving Iranian bloggers might be a way forward. The one I read often is Hossein Derakhshan at . His page has also a long list of links to other Iranians who might be interested in such a dialogue. [[User: Pavlos Hatzopoulos [] 17:50, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
- I've just reached out to Hossein, and promptly put my foot in my mouth by failing to recognize that the people of Iran speak Persian instead of Arabic. Sigh. Stupid Americans...
- Is there any interest in a Persian Campaigns site? fa.campaigns.wikia.com would be the domain. Chadlupkes 18:57, 1 February 2007 (UTC)
It's already happeningEdit
This is exciting.