Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
John Howard was the Prime Minister of Australia from 11 March 1996 to 3 December 2007, and was the Member for Division of Bennelong in Sydney, New South Wales, from the 1974 election until the 2007 election.
- Date of Birth - 26 July 1939
- Place of Birth - Sydney - New South Wales
- Spouse - Alison Janette Howard - (nee Parker)
- Date of Marriage - 4 April 1971
- Profession - Solicitor - Studied Law at The University of Sydney
- Religon - Anglican
Member of ParliamentEdit
Member for the Federal seat of the Division of Bennelong in Sydney.
- 18 May 1974 - 24 November 2007.
Minister for Business and Consumer Affairs.
- 22 December 1975 - April 1977
Minister Assisting The Prime Minister.
- 24 May 1977 - December 1977
Minister for Special Trade Negotiations with the European Economic Community.
- 17 July 1977 - 19 November 1977
- 19 November 1977 - 11 March 1983
Deputy Leader of the Liberal Party.
- 8 April 1982 - 11 March 1983
- 5 September 1985 - 9 May 1989.
- 30 January 1995 -11 March 1996.
Deputy Leader of the Opposition and Shadow TreasurerEdit
- 16 March 1983 - 5 September 1983.
Terms as Prime MinisterEdit
- 1st term - 11 March 1996 - 21 October 1998
- 2nd term - 21 October 1998 - 26 November 2001
- 3rd term - 26 November 2001 - 22 October 2004
- 4th term - 22 October 2004 - 3 December 2007
- Australia's Prime Ministers:John Howard National Archives of Australia
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at John Howard. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with the Campaigns Wikia, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons License.|