Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Goals of MAA activists Edit
While there is some disagreement between MAAs in regards to specific goals, the following can be agreed on by the vast majority of MAAs out there.
- To explain the difference between MAAs and people who sexually abuse children.
- To explain the differences between a.) the acts and behavioural patterns of MAAs, b.) the acts and behavioural patterns of child molesters, and c.) incest. All these three are currently often irresponsibly grouped into one and given the same labels using the most shocking language imaginable, which according to the opinion of many MAA activists does cause almost as severe harm to the individual child as well as to society as a whole as rape and violence do. In fact, irresponsible use of language and its according patterns of attitudes tabooing sexuality in these ways might cause many, maybe most rape and violence on this planet (see Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1988 linked below).
- To provide people with information regarding the sexual orientation of MAA individuals.
- To promote a degree of understanding regarding an attraction to minors.
- To promote more effective ways of preventing maltreatment, coercion, force, exploitation upon or of minors.
- To promote more effective ways of fighting domestic violence as well as any socio-psychological, public, societal, legal, and political discriminiation and exploitation of sexual, social, racial minorities (that is based upon the violation of their constitutional, civil, and human rights), and thereby fighting authoritarian societal and personality patterns originally based upon an authoritarian, belligerant, and homophobic/chaste patriarchy (which has during the last few decades increasingly influenced many feminist circles, unfortunately), since all these minorities have mostly failed in these regards due to discordance which each led them consecutively to reproducing the dominant socio-psychological paradigms as soon as they found themselves left to their own devices. After all, the MAAs are the very last uncolonized social minority.
This section explores the realities of attraction to minors.
- Most adults in adult-child sex interactions are not paedosexual. This was first suggested by Austro-Hungarian physician Richard von Krafft-Ebing in his 1886 Psychopathia sexualis where he distinguished three different types of adults in adult-child sex interactions: a.) Surrogate (that is, the child serves as a surrogate for an adult partner), b.) sadistic, and c.) paedosexual. Individually referring to v. Krafft-Ebing's three types as situational/opportunistic/regressed/incest (i. e. surrogate) type, preferential/structured/fixed (i. e. paedosexual) type, and sadistic (no change), this three-type model as well as the fundamental mental and behavioural differences of the three types were empirically evidenced, among others, by Kinsey; Howells 1981; Abel, Mittleman & Becker 1985; Knight et al. 1985; Brongersma 1990; McConaghy 1993; Ward et al. 1995; Hoffmann 1996; Seikowski 1999.
- Of 13 studies, only one found that paedosexuality is the most prevalent cause of child molestation. These were Kinsey; Freund & Costell 1971; Quinsey, Steinman, Bergesen & Holmes 1975; Knight et al. 1985; Wolter 1985; Brongersma 1990; Freund 1991; Freund & Watson 1991; Lautmann 1994; Hall, Hirschman & Oliver 1995; Hoffmann 1996; Seikowski 1999; Abel 2001. Abel 2001 was the one disagreeing with the 12 other studies. All other aforementioned studies estimate about 1-5% of adult-child sex interactions to be involving paedosexuals, while most of them lean towards 1% rather than 5%.
- Paedosexuality is characterized by a desire for peaceful, mutually agreed upon acts of "sex play" (hugging, kissing, fondling, masturbation, oral intercourse) complementary to psycho-sexual development of minors instead of more "mature" forms of intercourse. If these acts cannot be performed within agreement, especially cheerful response and biological arousal of their partners, paedosexuals find these acts unattractive. Often MAAs do not care about their own genital satisfaction during sexual contacts. MAAs generally disapprove of penetrating children, and most of them aren't interested in it. These phenomena characteristical in paedosexuals were evidenced by studies such as Bornemann 1985; Sandfort 1987; Brongersma 1990; Lautmann 1994; Hoffmann 1996; Dieth 2004; Vogt 2006. Sandfort 1987 furthermore evidenced that in those rare cases where minors are penetrated by MAAs, it is by the younger partner's initiative, does only happen after continued, persistent initiatives, and is neither approved nor enjoyed by the MAAs involved.
- MAAs seek far more in relationships with minors than sexual interactions that only play a secondary role for them. Above all, MAAs seek mutually affectionate, caring relationships with minors. This was evidenced also by all those studies that evidenced the exclusive preference of MAAs for "sex play", and also by Griesemer 2003; Griesemer 2004b.
- Relationships of minors and paedosexuals do not end being mutually affectionate during puberty. (see Bernard 1982a; Brongersma 1990; Lautmann 1994) It is usually the younger party asking at a certain point to dismiss the sexual aspect of their relationship, usually when they start to make up with peers, while their non-erotic affection persists, often for many years; Brongersma 1990 cites a number of cases where spouses for years were not aware that their husband's mentor friend had once been their paedosexual lover.
- Paedosexuality is not uncommon. Most studies investigating the prevalence of paedosexuality have found that approximately 20% of all men experience paedosexual attraction. Feierman 1990 predicted 7-10% of adult males to be attracted to pre-pubescent boys. However, socio-psychologically demanded social identity and personality in the Western world are based fundamentally upon denouncing adult-child sex interactions and desire for them, to a degree that anybody holding differing opinions are increasingly considered no part of the human community and race, at least not a "healthy" one (a fact that conjecturally could be explained by a collective neurotical repression based upon legal oppression and public as well as physical discrimination mostly yielding socially demanded personality types in analogy of similar socio-psychological conditions valid for homophobia especially during earlier times, see for instance Dannecker & Reiche 1974; Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1978b; Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1989). Famous MAAs allegedly include Leonardo da Vinci, Oscar Wilde, Robert Baden-Powell, Mark Twain, Lewis Carroll, and Edgar Allan Poe. (see #Famous MAAs.)
- Many MAAs are married. Many MAAs are married or mated to adult partners (both heterosexual and homosexual; see for instance Brongersma 1990). According to Brongersma 1990, especially same-sex matings among adults are prone to the other partner knowing about his or her mate's paedosexuality and accepting it while usually not being paedosexual themselves and not necessarily supporting actively living paedosexuality. Concerns about the "single scoutmaster" are based on myths rather than facts.
- Not all MAAs are men. According to Abel 2001, 1% of females as well as males are paedosexuals. At least since 1982 (and probably also during a part of the 1970s), female West-German paedosexuals and nepiosexuals were publically organized in the politically anarchist Kanalratten ("Sewer Rats") association, centered in Berlin and publishing an own newspaper called Kanalrattenzeitung, until they dissolved in 1989 due to social pressure of other lesbian groups. Today, an online portal for female paedosexuals is BKGirls.org. Among primitives, generally all females are nepiosexuals and pursue this orientation (see Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1980; Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1988).
- Many MAAs are adolescents/young adults. Paedosexuals may be the 18 year old neighbour or even your own son. High schools will almost certainly have paedosexual students too. It is an orientation that mostly starts during puberty just as homosexuality or heterosexuality (see for instance Bernard 1975, Bernard 1982).
- Paedosexuality is not illegal. Child molestation and child pornography are illegal, however an attraction to children is not. It is a state of existence, and such are not illegal by themselves.
- The paraphilia concept declaring all MAAs as mentally ill and their attraction a mental illness is far from recent, nor is it based upon scientific evidence. It was not coined by John Money. Before Money it was used by Sigmund Freud and Wilhelm Stekel during the 1920s, while it was actually coined by Croatian Jewish sexologist Friedrich Salomon Krauss during the 19th century. As Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1978; Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1988 evidences it is a mere re-naming of the elder forensic term moral madness used prominently upon homosexuality since the 18th century in order to declare it a mental illness. Other than all other currently aknowledged paraphilias and mental illnesses, an attraction for minors is void of any other pathological traits beside the direction of this attraction which is merely labelled as a mental illness by using the ancient, pseudo-scientific moral madness ideology currently referred to as paraphilia. Studies evidencing no pathological traits in MAAs as well as debunking all common theoretical hypotheses upon pathological aetiology of this attraction include Bernard 1982; Langevin 1983; Wilson & Cox 1983; Okami & Goldberg 1992; Vogt 2006.
- International studies in industrialized nations have evidenced that adult-child sex interactions not necessarily have to be inherently harmful and can even be beneficial for the younger party if no force was involved and both parties had agreed to the contact. These studies include Constantine & Martinson 1981; Baurmann 1982 (made and supported since the mid to late-1970s, and re-printed and re-distributed by the German Federal Criminal Police Office in 1996); Sandfort 1986; Kilpatrick 1987; Haugaard & Emery 1989; Li 1990; Li, West & Woodhouse 1990; Johannesmeier 1991; Okami 1991; Beitchman et al. 1992; Kilpatrick 1992; Sandfort 1993; Jumper 1995; Bauserman & Rind 1997; Rind & Tromovitch 1997; Rind et al. 1998; West 1998; Fergusson & Mullen 1999; Oellerich 2001; Rind 2001. Especially Sandfort's studies during the 1980s were criticized by Mrazek (1985) as "politically" motivated. In response to Mrazek's criticism, Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1986 stated that it is "appalling" for Germans grown up and/or educated after 1945 like herself that of all people a Jewish man like Mrazek obviously intends to abolish democratic as well as constitutional rights of social minorities for political articulation and free speech so they can no longer contribute to public discourse. Rind et al. 1998 was criticized by the US Congress as "severely flawed" , although the particular Congress Resolution 107 did not cite any specific errors. A number of US scientists have criticized Rind et al. 1998 as well, however they were all responded to by Rind et al. who regarded those criticisms to be refuted by these indvidual responses (see Psychological Bulletin #127, 2001; Skeptical Inquirer July/August, 2001). Among those scientists supporting those findings of the above studies evidencing no harm inherent in sexual contacts themselves are Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1988; Schetsche 1993; Lautmann 1994; Ng 2002.
First, Kenneth V. Lanning is a Supervisory Special Agent at the Behavioral Science Unit at the National Center for the Analysis of Violent Crime, a division of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. Lanning, an 'expert in the sexual victimization of children', had been a Special Agent with the FBI for more than 30 years and had "extensive experience consulting on multi-victim, multi-perpetrator child sexual abuse cases."
- "About 90 percent [of child molesters] are so-called "situational child molesters" who capitalize on opportunities to molest children but don't necessarily prefer sex with children ... The 10 percent of child molesters who make up the second category are the bona fide "pedophiles," those who genuinely favor sex with children."
- Kenneth Lanning (2001). "Profile of a Pedophile," 2001 interview by the Valley Advocate's JoAnn DiLorenzo with Lanning. (online: )
- "Of [extrafamilial child sex offenders from 1990 to 1995], only ... 14.8% of the total ... had been identified as paedophiles or suspected paedophiles."
- Joint submission from the Northern Territory Government and Police, 9 March 1995, p. 4. Cited by the Parliamentary Joint Committee on the National Crime Authority.
- What this study actually said was that "The statistics do not attempt to address the question of what proportion of the cases of child sexual abuse were committed by paedophiles or what proportion involved any organized paedophile activity."
- "The most striking finding was that virtually none of the incest offenders showed sexual preferences for children."
- "Research on Sex Offenders: What do we Know?," Correctional Services of Canada (online: ). For this, they cite: Marshall, W L., & Barbaree, H. E. (1984). A behavioral view of rape. International Journal of Law and Psychiatry, 7, 51-77. (Vol.2). New York: Pergamon.
*This was a study on recidivism rates. This statement is taken out of context, and referred to violent images of adults raping children.
Genetic transmission/neurological causeEdit
This is a list of studies evidencing genetic or neurological causes of paedosexuality/nepiosexuality.
- Gaffney, G. R.; Lurie, S. F.; Berlin, Fred S. (1984). "Is There Familial Transmission of Pedophilia?," Journal of Nervous and Mental Disease, 172, 546-548.
- ABSTRACT: A naturalistic, double-blind, family history comparison of sexual deviancy in the first degree relatives of inpatients with pedophilia and nonpedophilic paraphilia was done. Both proband groups were similar in demographic characteristics, except that pedophiles had a later onset of illness and were older during hospitalization. All patients were men. Sexual deviancy was found in 18.5 per cent of the families of paraphiliacs; only 3 per cent of a psychiatric control group had a family member with sexual deviancy. The preponderance of affected relatives were men. The types of sexual deviancy found in the families of the groups differed. Sexual deviancy among the pedophiles' families consisted of pedophilia. In families of nonpedophilic paraphiliacs, sexual deviancy was predominantly a paraphilia not involving children. These data suggest that pedophilia is familial; however, further studies are needed to delineate the manner of transmission. Nonetheless, pedophilia is found more frequently in families of pedophiles than in families of nonpedophilic paraphiliacs. This indicates specificity in the familial transmission. Thus pedophilia may be independent of the other paraphilias.
- Freund, Kurt; Blanchard, Ray (1993). "Erotic Target Location Errors in Male Gender Dysphorics, Paedophiles, and Fetishists," British Journal of Psychiatry, 162, 560-561.
- Freund (1994) summarizes: "A patient whose pedophilia may have been due to genetic transmission was described in an earlier study... He had four brothers, one of them, his twin, is most likely also pedophilic (see original study). Among the three older brothers, two started approaching him sexually when he was 10 years old. I saw both in adulthood when they were charged for pedophilic offenses."
- Vogt 2006 states that even on an international scale only 2 scientific studies have ever been made on distinctly pathological mental characteristics of paedosexuals before 2006 that were methodologically correct, naming these as Bernard 1982a; Wilson & Cox 1983. Vogt 2006 re-confirmed identical results as Bernard 1982a; Wilson & Cox 1983. No pathological characteristics could be found for paedosexuals other than the direction of their sexual orientation which all three studies explicitly suggest to be up for debate as not pathological especially in light of their findings. The only significant deviance from the norm other than orientation that could be found by all three studies was higher mean level of education of paedosexuals compared to the average population, while also opting strongly for distinguishing between clinical and prison studies and non-clinical, non-prison studies. Scientists supporting the declassification of paedosexuality as a mental illness due to the first two studies include Howitt 1998a; Green 2002; Ng 2002; Fiedler 2004.
- Also Langevin 1983 and Okami & Goldberg 1992 ("consistent" findings with Langevin 1983) found no pathological characteristics among paedosexuals and that "None of the commonly held hypotheses were supported."
- Dressing H.; Obergriesser T.; Tost H.; Kaumeier S.; Ruf M.; Braus D. F. (2001). "Homosexuelle Pädophilie und funktionelle Netzwerke - fMRI-Fallstudie" (Homosexual Pedophilia and Functional Networks - An fMRI Case Report and Literature Review). Fortschritte der Neurologie-psychiatrie, 69(11), 539-544. (German)
- ABSTRACT: Pedophilia is a complex bio-psycho-social disorder often associated with serious offending. Knowledge about neurobiological correlates that could serve as diagnostic and maybe even as prognostic markers is limited. FMRI examination, which shows neuronal activation in vivo and therefore represents a neurobiological correlate, was not done in pedophilia so far. We report on results of an fMRI examination in a homosexual pedophilic sex offender who differed significantly in neuronal activation during exposure to arousing visual material (young boys in underwear) from normal controls. In self assessment on a visual analogous scale the pedophilic offender scored the pictures of the boys as not being interesting and sexually not stimulating. Nevertheless presentation of the pictures of the boys resulted in the pedophilic offender in a significant activation of the attention network and the right orbitofrontal cortex. In contrast to the controls there was no activation of left hemispheric areas relevant for speech. The study design will be continued in a larger sample to examine whether there is a possible neurobiological correlate of pedophilia which can be changed by therapeutic interventions.
- Comings (1993) needs review.
- A meta-analysis by Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1988 suggests that paedosexuality is genetical, created and supported by biological evolution, and that it has been existing in an unchanged identical form for millions of years in the animal kingdom, in primates, in primitives, in Greek antiquity, and in modern Western industrialized nations. Furthermore, according to Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1988 paedosexuality is peaceful, its correspondant behaviour is complementary to psycho-sexual minor development, minors are generally interested in and actively seeking relationships with MAAs (under natural circumstances) and benefit from these. Among other sources, the zoological, anthropological, and ethnological data for this meta-analysis were taken from Ford & Beach 1951, Fowler 1964, Schaller 1965, Eibl-Eibesfeldt 1971, Dröscher 1971, Goodall 1971, Jolly 1972, Overhage 1972, Bourne & Cohen 1975, Goodall 1975, Kurth & Eibl-Eibesfeldt 1975, Prescott 1975, Meyer 1976, Brewer 1978, Baumgärtel 1979, Grzimek 1979, Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1980, Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1984, its data upon paedosexuality and child sexuality from Brongersma 1970, Giese & Gebsattel 1972, Bernard 1980, Brongersma 1980a, Brongersma 1980b, Hohmann 1980 (ed.), Constantine & Martinson 1981, Bernard 1982a, Sandfort 1982, Baurmann 1983, Sandfort 1987, its socio-psychological data upon common socio-psychological and ethnocentrical attitudes and distorted perception upon paedosexuality in modern industrialized nations from Rutschky 1977, Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg 1978, Brongersma 1980, Weitbrecht 1983.
Famous Alleged MAAsEdit
Edward Brongersma's 1990 Loving Boys, Volume 2, details some famous boylovers. Brongersma was a Dutch politician, writer, doctor of law, and senator. He described:
- Michelangelo, artist.
- Leonardo da Vinci, inventor and artist (polymath).
- Ludwig van Beethoven, composer.
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, artist and philosopher (polymath).
- J. M. Barrie, children's author.
Other alleged well-known boylovers include:
- Allen Ginsberg, poet. ("...I'm a member of NAMBLA because I love boys too...")
- Robert Baden-Powell, founder of the scouts. (see Tim Jeal's book Baden-Powell; excerpts.)
- Oscar Wilde, author and important figure in LGBT activism. (see summary)
- Pyotr Tchaikovsky, Russian composer who fell in love with his 12-year-old nephew.
- Socrates, Greek philosopher.
- Plato, Greek philosopher.
Also, Shakespeare wrote many of his love sonnets for a ten-year-old boy named William.
Lindsay Ashford has documented many alleged girllovers on his webpage, Girllovers in History.
- Dante Alighieri, poet.
- Jonathan Swift, satirist.
- Antoine Laurent Lavoisier, chemist.
- Edgar Allan Poe
- Charlie Chaplin
- Mark Twain
- Lewis Carroll
Sources and referencesEdit
- ↑ Knopf, Marina (1993): Sexuelle Kontakte zwischen Frauen und Kindern - Überlegungen zu einem nicht zustandegekommenen Forschungsprojekt ("Sexual contacts between women and children: Thoughts on an unrealized research study"), in: Zeitschrift für Sexualforschung ("Journal of Sexuology"), no. 6, 23-35. (in German)
- ↑ Stöckel, Matthias (1998): Pädophilie - Befreiung oder sexuelle Ausbeutung von Kindern; Mythen, Fakten, Theorien. ("Paedophilia: Liberation or sexual exploitation of children; Myths, facts, theories"), 24, Frankfurt/Main, Germany: Campus. ISBN 3-593-35944-8 (in German)
- ↑ Mildenberger, Florian (2006): Beispiel Peter Schult: Pädophilie im öffentlichen Diskurs. ("For instance Peter Schult: Public paedophilia discourse"), 146-147, Hamburg, Germany: Männerschwarm Verlag. ISBN 3-935596-40-5 (in German)
- ↑ Vogt, Horst (2006): Pädophilie - Leipziger Studie zur gesellschaftlichen und psychischen Situation pädophiler Männer ("Paedophilia - Leipzig study on the societal and psychological situation of paedophile males"), 24, Lengerich, Germany: Pabst Science Publishers. ISBN 3-89967-323-9 (in German)
- ↑ Stefanie Bentrup (2006): "Lesben"–strategisches Handeln mit bewegten Begriffen: Zugehörigkeitsdefinition im Kontext der Lesbenpfingst- und Lesbenfrühlingstreffen in den Jahren 1990-2006 (" 'Typical' lesbian strategies in dealing with controversial buzzwords: Definitions of belonging, in the context of the National Lesbian Whitsun and Spring Congresses in the years 1990-2006"), 12-13, Hausarbeit Seminar "Bewegte Begriffe – Queer und Conceptual History" ("Homework of the Seminar 'Controversial buzzwords: Queer and Conceptual History'"), Gender and Queer Studies, Hamburg University (in German)
- ↑ 106th US Congress, 107th Resolution (1999): Whereas no segment of our society is more critical to the future of human survival than our children (PDF)
- ↑ Dr. Gisela Bleibtreu-Ehrenberg (1988): The Paedophile Impulse: Toward the Development of an Aetiology of Child-Adult Sexual Contacts from an Ethological and Ethnological Viewpoint