Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record Edit
- He has never voted to raise taxes.
- He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has never taken a government-paid junket.
- He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted against the Patriot Act.
- He voted against regulating the Internet.
- He voted against the Iraq war.
- He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the United States Treasury every year.
Due to his voting record, he earned the nickname "Dr. No" and is considered to be libertarian, Constitutionalist, and conservative. Congressman Paul introduces numerous pieces of substantive legislation each year, probably more than any single member of Congress.
- Official site